Hey! Welcome back to the ‘Wednesday Video’ section! Today, I’m sharing a video that’s been very popular online lately. It is the Wire Trap ‘How to Age Gracefully’ video, published on the CBC Radio YouTube channel to say farewell to an 11-year radio run.
The award-winning show created this little piece of art, directed and edited by Andrew Norton and produced by Goldstein, Mira Burt-Wintonick and Cristal Duhaime, based on a flock of advice from listeners of all ages, who offer their words of wisdom to their younger counterparts.
“It’s all about growing up and how that process never ends,” Goldstein said, and it’s amazing to watch and listen to. It’s definitely worth a few minutes of your time!
Among the flow of lessons mentioned in this video, here are some of my favourites:
- ‘Stay weird!’
- ‘Backup your hard drive… now!’
- ‘Stop caring so much about what other people think. They’re not thinking about you at all.’
- ‘One cat is enough cats.’
- ‘It’s never too late to try something new!’
- ‘Cultivate younger friends!’
- ‘Don’t listen to other people’s advice. Nobody knows what the hell they’re doing… Just do your own thing!’