Poplitically incorrect and sociopolitical activist, Saint Hoax is a pseudonymous Middle Eastern artist, cleverly consuming pop culture and politics, stirring them all together, and creating beautiful visuals that reveal some very ugly truths about the modern world.
Massive user of Disney and other pop culture icons, what’s not to love about Saint Hoax’s art? However, there is so much more than meets the eye. So here are 17 other reasons why everyone should just love the work of this contemporary ‘artivist’.
© All visuals come from Saint Hoax’s website
1. Because it warns you against the dangers of politics and toxic politicians.
2. Because it denounces sexual abuse and encourages minors to report their cases.
Project: PRINCEST DIARIES
3. Because it shows you that all children should be able to dream, play pretend, and wish upon a star before their bedtime.
Project: ONCE UPON A WAR
4. Because it’s a vector of feminism and underlines the stigma still existing around periods.
Project: BLOODY PRINCESS
5. Because it decries any form of amalgam.
Project: I AM NOT A TERRORIST
6. Because it tells you – for the umpteenth time – that life is not meant to be lived through a screen.
7. Because it’s a reminder that you’re beautiful just the way you are.
Project: PUMPING UP THE KARDASHIANS
8. Because it’s Trump bashing all the way!
Project: THE ANTAGONIST
9. Because it recalls that every woman should be treated like a princess…
Project: HAPPY NEVER AFTER
10. … and that every man should be treated like a prince.
Project: PRINCE CHARMLESS
11. Because it stands against any sort of cruelty to animals.
12. Because it’s here to say that the definition of ‘gender’ is slightly more complicated than what you’re made to believe.
13. Because it shows you that nobody’s perfect. We all have our bad days and Nutella jar raids from time to time.
14. Because it’s here to tell you to stop letting society rule your world, your mind and your body. Do wtf you want as you long as you’re happy. This is your life – no one else’s.
15. Because it’s feminist art for goodness sake!
16. Because it makes you see how dangerously and ridiculously present technology has become in our lives, and how it very often ruins a lot of things.
Project: CONTEMPORARY FAIRY TALE
17. Because it’s a gentle note to ourselves that we are our own saviours.
Project: SAVE YOURSELF