Hey! Welcome back to the ‘Wednesday Video’ section! Today, I’m sharing a video that’s been very popular online lately. It is the Wire Trap ‘How to Age Gracefully’ video, published on the CBC Radio YouTube channel to say farewell to an 11-year radio run.
The award-winning show created this little piece of art, directed and edited by Andrew Norton and produced by Goldstein, Mira Burt-Wintonick and Cristal Duhaime, based on a flock of advice from listeners of all ages, who offer their words of wisdom to their younger counterparts.
« It’s all about growing up and how that process never ends, » Goldstein said, and it’s amazing to watch and listen to. It’s definitely worth a few minutes of your time!
Among the flow of lessons mentioned in this video, here are some of my favourites:
- ‘Stay weird!’
- ‘Backup your hard drive… now!’
- ‘Stop caring so much about what other people think. They’re not thinking about you at all.’
- ‘One cat is enough cats.’
- ‘It’s never too late to try something new!’
- ‘Cultivate younger friends!’
- ‘Don’t listen to other people’s advice. Nobody knows what the hell they’re doing… Just do your own thing!’