Yesterday evening, I came back home fancying baking something yummy and I came up with the idea of making some chocolate fondants. Easy, quick and delicious! Moreover, we received our Thermomix not a long ago and I wanted to try it out and… I can now assure you that the result is AMAZING and absolutely stunning!!! If someone had once told me that a food processor could make dishes as good as handmade ones, I would never have believed them! Proof that we’re never sure of anything and can always be surprised ;)
So… I baked these wonders thanks to the Thermomix (and my oven ^^, of course!) but the recipe below is the traditional one ’cause I don’t expect everyone to have this food processor :) Speaking of, buying it might be a big investment but it’s absolutely worth it; it’s as good, quicker and less crockery-and-dishes-consuming ;D!
Anyway, I hope you’ll enjoy and I shall write again soon to tell you about a brand new concept of boxes that is VERY British, and for which I’ve been contacted & asked to promote and then present it to you if it gets enough funds to start up.
Bisous, bisous, my sweet marshmallows <3Print
- * 50g melted butter
- * 200g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- * 200g butter, in small pieces
- * 200g golden caster sugar
- * 4 eggs
- * 200g plain flour
- * anything you fancy, to serve (Caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream, orange sorbet or custard)
- First get your moulds ready. Using upward strokes, heavily brush the melted butter all over the inside of the moulds.
- Place a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, then slowly melt the chocolate and butter together. Remove bowl from the heat and stir until smooth. Leave to cool for about 10 mins.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and yolks together with the sugar until thick and pale. Sift the flour into the eggs, then beat together.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture. Mix the ingredients.
- Divide between the moulds & add 2 squares of dark chocolate in each mould (which will constitute the ‘melting heart’).
- Heat the. oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Place the fondants on a baking tray, then cook for 8-10 mins until the tops have formed a crust and they are starting to come away from the sides of their moulds. Remove from the oven, then leave to sit for 1 min before turning out.