I might feel a bit more English (or slightly British!) than French sometimes… but France has always been and will always be my homeland (the place where I was born, because for those of you who know me a bit better, you know I’ve found a second home ;)!!!), so I think it’s absolutely necessary to prepare the French national day as it’s due to be!
Fireworks, picnic, sun, dance… The 14th of July is inevitably a party day!!!! And so as to make the party even crazier, I suggest we learn to make very yummy three-coloured cupcakes together!
- 2 eggs – 150g of flour – 90g of lightly melted butter – 110g of brown sugar – 1 baking powder bag – 80g of fresh & thick cream – 30ml of milk
- 250g of icing sugar – 80g of butter – 3 to 4 drops of blue & red food colouring (for the three-coloured frosting)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Mix the butter and the brown sugar until the mixture whiten.
- Add the eggs one by one to the butter & sugar mixture.
- Then, incorporate the flour and the baking powder. Mix it well.
- Add the fresh cream.
- With a pastry bag, pour this mixture in cupcake baking tins and let your cupcakes bake for 20 minutes (180°C).
- Get the frosting ready. In a mixer’s bowl, pour the icing sugar and the melted butter. Mix it. Add the milk very delicately. Mix again. Let it dry for 1 hour.
- Once the cupcakes are baked and cooled, you can frost them. Put your frosting in 3 different bowls. Add 3 to 4 drops of red food colouring in one of them, and 3 to 4 drops of blue food colouring in another one. Mix delicately.
- Using a knife or a spatula, decorate your cupcakes as showed on the photo above!
And it’s ready! The only thing you have to do know is savour these 14th of July cupcakes and enjoy your national day with your friends and family (at least, for those of you who are French :p)! ;)
With this, my lovely chefs, I wish everyone a very happy (and YUMMY!!!) 14th of July… and as usual,
Keep holding on to what you love & enjoy the ride of life ;)
Much Love to all my adorable readers <3